Rouse Hill's Top Exercise Physiologists
Exercise Physiologists can treat and prescribe exercise programs to help with a variety of medical conditions like obesity, diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, asthma, cardiovascular diseases and mental health.
Your Local Exercise Physiologists
What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP or EP)?
Exercise Physiologists are health professionals that utilise exercise as medicine. Being university-qualified, they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to design and deliver exercise and lifestyle modification programs for people living with or at risk of developing chronic health conditions.
What can an Exercise Physiologist help with?
Exercise Physiologists can assist in the management of a number of conditions, including:
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Neurological conditions
- Kidney issues
- Lung conditions
- Issues related to ageing including loss of muscle mass
- Mental health conditions
- Weight loss
There is strong evidence that exercise can improve the health and well-being of patients experiencing any of the above conditions. However, Exercise Physiologists can also assist individuals who simply want to be proactive by providing guidance on how to make appropriate lifestyle changes to support their health!
What to expect when I see an Exercise Physiologist
In the initial consultation, your Exercise Physiologist will:
- Perform a comprehensive assessment to understand your medical history and activity levels
- Perform any necessary risk assessments to determine your suitability for exercise (e.g., blood pressure)
- Discuss your health-related concerns
- Assist with goal setting
- Assist with planning and implementing an exercise management plan suited to your needs
Following your initial consultation, you can expect:
- Regular follow-ups to ensure the exercise management plan is working for you
- Reassessment of any measures taken during the initial consultation to check on progress
- Ongoing support to maximise your confidence in taking charge of your own health
The number and frequency of treatment sessions required will depend on your individual needs and goals and will be discussed thoroughly so you know what to expect. Health can be challenging at times – our Exercise Physiologists are here to help you with your solution!
Our Exercise Physiologists
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Exercise physiologists utilise exercise as medicine! They specialise in the delivery of exercise and lifestyle modification programs for people living with or at risk of developing chronic health conditions.
- Do you have a cancellation policy?
Yes. Please view our terms and conditions page for updates to our cancellation policy.
- Do you service NDIS patients?
Although we are not NDIS registered, we are still able to treat patients with NDIS plans if they are self-managed or plan-managed.
- Can I catch public transport?
Yes, there is a bus stop on Windsor Road, 1 minute from the clinic.
- Do I need a referral?
Short answer is NO, you will need a referral from your GP if you want to make a claim through CTP, Medicare or WorkCover.
- Do you bulk bill under Medicare?
Yes, we bill the WorkCover provider, approved employers, DVA, Injurynet or CTP insurer directly. We need you to bring along the relevant details for the insurance company or compensable body as soon as possible. If you are on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) program, we can help you to claim your Medicare rebate on the spot.
- How can I pay for my appointment?
You can pay using EFTPOS, credit card, or cash. We also have HICAPS, which allows you to make a claim through your private health insurance provider. HICAPS offers the convenience of processing claims instantly.
- What should I bring to my appointment?
Please bring any and all previous X-Rays, CT scans, Ultrasounds, and MRI’s to your assessment consultation. It is also a good idea to wear clothing that will allow us to properly assess you, such as shorts, singlets, sports bras, and loose clothing.
- Is there onsite parking available?
Yes, we are located in the Old Rouse Hill Village, next to pizza hut. There is onsite parking with disabled parking right outside the door or parking located next door in the Village centre carpark.